Panjgur Dates and Walnut Creamy Pasta — My 6 PM Kitchen Story

 Yesterday at 6 PM in Panjgur, the light was soft and my kitchen window was open. I had no cream left for my usual Semi Cannelloni, but I had fresh Panjgur khajoor dates and walnuts from my cousin's shop.

In Panjgur, we don't waste. We make new recipe from what we have. So I made this.

This is not from YouTube. This is my own evening recipe. I made it for my family and they finished full plate. That's why I'm writing it today — so Google and AdSense see real kitchen, not copy.

Why this is different from my 598 recipes:

My other Semi Cannelloni uses only cream and cheese. This one uses Panjgur dates — sweet, soft, gives natural creaminess without too much cream. Walnuts give crunch. This is Balochi touch to Italian pasta.



Ingredients (for 2 people):

  • Semi Cannelloni pasta - 200g
  • Panjgur dates (khajoor) - 8 pieces, seeds removed, chopped small
  • Walnuts - 1/4 cup, crushed
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • Cream - 2 spoons only (not full cup, because dates give sweetness)
  • Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
  • Onion - 1 small, chopped
  • Salt - 1/2 tsp
  • Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
  • Olive oil - 1 spoon
  • Cheese - 2 spoons, grated

How I made it at 6 PM:

  1. Boil pasta in salted water for 8 minutes. Drain. Keep 1/4 cup pasta water.
  2. In a pan, put olive oil, add garlic and onion. Fry for 2 minutes till soft — not brown.
  3. Add chopped Panjgur dates, stir 1 minute. Dates will become soft and sticky — that's natural cream.
  4. Add milk, add 2 spoons of cream, add pasta water. Stir slow for 3 minutes. Sauce will become light brown and creamy because of dates.
  5. Add boiled pasta, add salt, pepper, mix.
  6. Add crushed walnuts and cheese on top. Cover for 2 minutes on low heat.
  7. Serve hot. No need extra sugar — dates give sweet.

My family tip:

Don't add too much cream if you use Panjgur dates. Dates already give creamy sweetness. If you add full cream, it becomes too sweet. I used only 2 spoons.

Also, crush walnuts by hand, not in a mixer — hand crushing gives big pieces, better crunch.

Serving:

I served with mint chutney on side — Balochi style. My kids liked it more than market pasta.

Time:

  • Prep: 10 minutes
  • Cook: 15 minutes
  • Total: 25 minutes


Post a Comment